Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Recipe Time: Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

I found this recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago and have been anxiously awaiting the trial. Let me tell you, this tastes twice as delicious as it smells while cooking. And its not as unhealthy as you may think!

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

2 butterball turkey bacon strips, cooked and shredded
1 tsp minced garlic
1 package ranch dressing mix or 1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup fat-free sour cream
16 oz. chicken breasts, frozen or defrosted/raw
8 oz. pasta (I used penne) cooked
 *Some people have said that this has a little too much ranch flavor, or a little too salty, this can be fixed by adding only half the ranch dressing mix.


1. Combine the bacon, garlic, ranch, cream of chicken, and sour cream. Stir until smooth.


2. Place raw chicken in crockpot sprayed with non-stick spray. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 3.5 hours. Shred the chicken with 2 forks, I used a wooden spatula. Then prepare your pasta according the package.


This was so filling! My husband and I, plus the little, all had some and we still have leftovers! Which I will add, this freezes really well! 

Now for the real shocker, the nutritional facts! 
456 calories, 61 carbs, 5 fat grams and 36 protein grams.

Freaking amazing! 

I must give credit where credit is due, so I applaud you Kelly this will be a staple in our home from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment